Quotes

"And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer,
let it be. "
-The Beatles

"Music is the Only thing that makes sense anymore...play it loud enough and it keeps the demons at bay."
-Across the Universe

I won't call you wierdo
I think FRIEND's a better name!
-Junior asparagus

Favorite Movies

  • Juno
  • Ps. I love you
  • Sweeny Todd
  • August Rush
  • Across the Universe
  • Harold and Maude
  • Big Fish
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • My Girl
  • Best in Show

Things I think are fantastic

  • Chunky Babies
  • Boys with Glasses
  • Asian Culture
  • Berries
  • Curly red hair
  • Depends
  • Coloring Books
  • Documentaries
  • Dresses
  • Freckles
  • Head-gear
  • Hippis
  • Mocumentaries
  • Obese animals
  • Ron Weasley
  • Spandex

Friday, January 18, 2008

For Female eyes only...

This entry is long overdue, but i suppose it's better late than never;
Last month, before Christmas, my choir had the opportunity to sing with the Lincoln Symphony. In order to prepare for this event, we had to attend numerous practices, one of which was down town, at the UNL campus.
After a couple hours of boring practice, the choir took a break for supper, which was served at a lutheran center there at the school. After we finished eating, I had the sudden urge to use the ladies room, so my friend Kerri and I made our way upstairs to the restroom. As I was in the stall, I could hear Kerri giggling, but wasn't sure why. She wouldn't tell me, but said I'd find out when i went to wash my hands.

Sure enough, sitting next to the sink, was a perfectly arranged boquet of tampons and pads packaged in flowery pink boxes that looked to be about 30 years old. The lady on the front of each box looked shockingly happy to be on her period, almost as if she were enjoying it.

I couldn't contain my excitement, I had to get some of these pads for myself, so I stuffed as many of the unusual boxes in my pockets as i could, but because they were so large i could only fit two.

As the generous person I am, I just HAD to share my findings with our choir director, Mrs Cotton. She was sitting at a small round table with a few other adults, so i had to be discreet. As I walked by the table, I dropped the package in front of her and ran away. (I should probably mention at this point that we chamber choir folk are all very close with our director, so it wasn't akward or wierd...she's kind of like our second mom.) I think she was very pleased by my surprise. She turned around and gave me a huge ear-to-ear smile, but she wasn't the only one smiling; everyone around her was grinning to. As the pad in the box was passed around the room i could tell everyone was jealous. They all wanted their own antique feminine napkins.

I snuck home with my own pad that night...here's the proof;

Don't you wish you were this peaceful during your period:

They were even complete with instructions :

Incase you couldn't tell by the picture on the front, there's a nice label on the side; Size No. 4 Feminine napkin.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh my...but my dear your antique find is not as ancient as you think. When I was a young lady feminie products did not have an adhesive backing. If you want to know how it really was in the days of old you'll have to interview me. Young ladies today have it so much easier!
Love you, Mom

Kerri said...

hahahaha that was an amazing night i must say oh and i forgot to tell you about roger's (my mom's boyfriend) dad, well he was one of the drivers for the MLK thing so i saw him yesterday and i asked him how he liked driving us and he was like "Now that kind of older lady in charge, she's something, does she have a few screws lose in her head or something?" and i about died laughing so yeah

Katie said...

You are quite the little jokester! The joys of being a woman. :)

Kerri said...

yeah yesterday when i was feeding the birds....